Saturday, October 6, 2012

GLOBAL BASS VOL.3 (Urban World, 2012)

As you already know I love vinyl. Now, there's one thing I love even more than vinyl. Oh yes, that too, ok there're actually two things, blowjobs and free vinyl!
I didn't get any of the first but plenty of the second lately. This one here is a double LP compilation put together by my friends from Urban World Records.
These guys are always busy with so many constant releases it's hard to keep up with them sometimes. They are right there at the forefront of the global bass scene releasing more music than pretty much any other label and a lot of it has to do with ñu-cumbia and new trends of Latin electronic dancefloor-oriented stuff, which is weird considering they're from Denmark, of all places.
I personally find it quite fascinating the whole paradox of Europeans experimenting with this musical styles, especially because I grew up in a super Eurocentric Latin American environment where growing up we used to look up to everything that came from Europe and ignore our own local musical roots.
Anyway, most of those multiple releases Urban World puts out are just digital, which is ok, I guess, but once a year they grab the best of the bests and put together a compilation that they press in the highest quality vinyl with a really nice packaging. This is the third of those vinyl comps and the first one I got to add to my collection and that in itself is super exciting. Now, add to that the fact that it was free! (Some of the perks of writing a blog that people around the world, for some reason, find interesting enough to read).
So, yeah, shit's dope. If you can't get a free copy and purchasing the double LP gets too expensive with the foreign shipping and all you can still get the digital (I think it comes with a couple extra tracks too). There're plenty cool Latin-derived grooves provided by Los Chicos Altos and Los Superpendejos, plus remixes by familiar faces doing remixes like Bigote and Empresarios. I haven't had a chance to play it yet but I'm looking forward for my next all-vinyl gig a couple of weeks from now to drop some of these bangers and test them with a live crowd. So far I'm enjoying my free vinyl all by myself.

Buy it HERE or download it HERE.

No comments: