Thursday, October 11, 2012

Flea Market Finds - El Podcast!

Some of you who follow me on Facebook or Twitter may know this already, but others might not. Well, for the past month or so I've been doing this weekly podcast with some dear friends of mine here in the Bay Area. It has little to do with this blog, except that I'm usually the one who takes care of curating the music playlist and of course that playlist is very much influenced by the lastest stuff I've been posting about here.
Other than that, I did not want the podcast to be strictly about music, since I already do too much music journalism between remezcla and this blog. I wanted it to be a free format talk show were we play some tunes but then feel free to talk any nonsense and have fun.
So far the experience has been pretty cool. I gotta confess that I had the idea of doing a podcast in my head for at least six years now, but I never got around to actually do it because I hadn't yet found the ideal cohost but mainly because I never felt confident with my English speech. I'm ok with my writing skills but when it comes to talking I'm not very articulate and I have a strong accent so I felt embarrassed about it. But then I remembered that the whole point about starting this The Hard Data in English back in 2008 was because I wanted to gain confidence with my English writing (all my previous blogs were in Spanish) and in a similar manner, maybe forcing myself to talk in front of a mic once a week would push me to improve my oral English too.
So basically this is it, it's called Flea Market Finds and it's me and my co-host Eva Vargas plus our mutual friend DJ Pedrogas taking care of the technical and adding some commentary too. We plan to have several guests and cover a variety of subjects. So far, we're barely starting it, getting used to the new format and getting comfortable on the mic. But hey, we just recorded our fourth episode with Sonido Franko of supersonido.net and Discos Unicornio and I'm quite proud of the results. If you're a record collector and you like Latin vinyl and 45's you gotta check this guy out.

You can listen to the show here or you can subscribe via iTunes or listen on the go on Stitcher

No comments: