Tuesday, August 7, 2012

ORQUESTA EL MACABEO-El Sueño/Cogiendo Pon (Electric Cowbell/Discos de Hoy 2012)

I was gladly surprised when I found out not too long ago that there was a band of D.I.Y. punky salseros in Puerto Rico still putting out music on 7'' vinyl. Recently that same band came out with a new release and for this one they combined efforts with one of my all time favorite labels, New York-based Electric Cowbell.
Unlike their previous single that was more on the cool laid back side, this one is all about super-uptempo dancefloor-packing madness so it's a DJ's must. I couldn't dance salsa, even if my life depended on it, so I can't even start to imagine how ridiculous I'd look trying to pull some fancy moves at warp speed.
Still, worth adding to my tropical arsenal for those late night sessions of sweaty club dancing. Haven't tried it yet, but I'm pretty sure fellas are gonna love this one. Specially "El Sueño" with its funky groove, mad dope percussion and super long all-instrumental intro. The flip-side is not bad either, I just don't understand what does "Cogiendo Pon" means, I guess that's some boriqua slang or something. Whatever, it doesn't matter, this is a great step in the right direction for the salsa new school. Don't miss it, it's a very limited edition.

Buy it HERE

1 comment:

Evaristo Durden said...

Cogiendo pon means taking a free ride, like a leech. Its a song for those who try to jump in on Your effort.