Tuesday, April 17, 2012

MATI ZUNDEL-Amazónico Gravitante (ZZK/Waxploitation, 2012)

A few weeks ago I interviewed Mati Zundel for Remezcla.com. Usually, when I do something like that, I don't do an album review on my blog because I don't wanna repeat myself. I mean, everything that I wanted you to know about this new album is pretty much covered in that friendly conversation we had on skype with one of the few ZZK Records' artists that I haven't met in person yet.
One thing that wasn't mentioned on that interview, however, is the fact that the album was going to be released on double vinyl LP format. That I didn't know, otherwise, obviously, I would've pointed it out, being the vinyl fiend that I am.
I didn't know that until last week and as soon as I found out I ran to buy my copy (and I strongly suggests you do the same if you haven't done so yet). I had previously purchased the album digitally so I ended up paying for it twice (also, in between those to events, I got a free promo download from the label). But this didn't bother me at all, because Mati Zundel's debut album is my favorite album of 2012, so far. Now it's part of the elitist list of albums that I bought twice (in two different formats) next to Gotan Project's La Revancha del Tango and M.I.A.'s Arular (there're definitely a few more on that list but I can't come up with their names in this precise moment and I'm not gonna go check).
Anyway, I just wanted to share with you the happiness that I experienced finding out that ZZK was back in full force after a year-long semi-hiatus and thanks to their recent deal with US-based Waxploitation they have gone back to pressing vinyl. That means that my "wishful thinking" of my previous ZZK review is actually going to become a reality and I'll finally be able to play all those tracks on my DJ sets. Yay!

Order your copy HERE.

No comments: