Friday, April 22, 2011

SERGENT GARCIA-Una Y Otra Vez (Cumbancha, 2011)

So, I actually got married today. No kidding. We had the ceremony earlier today and now I'm just killing some time before we do some dinner thing with the two families, you know, nothing too fancy. Anyway, how is this relevant to the review you might wonder? You see, Sergent Garcia's concert at the Sterngrove Festival in San Francisco was the first show I went with who today became my wife. And yesterday I got a package with this CD as some sort of wedding gift, the first one, from my bosses at remezcla.com. So I've been listening to this CD today a lot. Didn't have time to come up with any thoughtful review or funny/potentially offensive remarks as usual, sorry to disappoint, you must understand my head is somewhere else. Still, the CD sounds pretty cool, it comes with the most amazing design in the booklet done by the ubiquitous Afro Mestiza from Colombia, who keep setting the aesthetics standards of mestizo music. The album includes guest appearances by Bomba Estéreo's Li Saumet and Tres Corona's Rocca, who back in the 90's was one of my favorite Spanish language MCs in the world, even though back then he sung mostly in French. Anyway, I don't know what else to say and my wife is waiting for me to get ready to go, so that's all the review you get this time.  

1 comment:

JC said...

felicidades! congratulations on your wedding and thanks for sharing this!!