Wednesday, March 17, 2010

DJ JUAN DATA-Chasing Ana (Free Mix)

Just in case you haven't noticed yet, or you just dropped by here for the first time, I'm gonna clarify this one more time: I love Ana Tijoux, she's one of my favorite artists and she also happens to be a great friend of mine. Today starts her first US tour ever in Austin, Texas and next week we'll have her here in California where I'm gonna be opening for her at her Berkeley show. 
Now you can't even start to imagine my excitement! Consider I haven't seen her in person for almost 10 years and we're gonna be reunited on stage after so such a long time!
So, in preparation for the big reunion, I've been listening to a lot of her music and a couple of days ago I decided to make a mix-tape with a bunch of her tracks, both as a tribute to her and as a way to introduce her to new audiences. I called it Chasing Ana in obvious reference to one of my favorite movies of all times, Chasing Amy (yeah! I play Ben Affleck on the cover, lol!) and it's a collection of some of her best work, both as a solo artist and with her former group Makiza, plus some collaborations and a handful of rare unreleased tracks and demos that I'm lucky to have (so even if you're a fan, you'll definitely find here some stuff that you've never heard before, I guarantee it!). 
I hope you enjoy listening to it as much as I enjoyed mixing it. If you live in the Bay Area, see you next Thursday at the show and remember her album, 1977, comes out next month on Nacional Records.

For live streaming and playlist you can always visit my Play.FM station.

1 comment:

D. Villa said...

saludos desde San Diego DATA!

Cuando vienes? Great content..

D. Villa
Latin Media Gurus
www.latinmediagurus.com