Friday, January 29, 2010

MEXICAN DUBWISER PRESENTS - Sonidos De Hoy y De Siempre (Free Compilation)

I've known Mexican Dubwiser since 2002, way before he acquired that moniker so I've been expecting a release with his name on it for a while now. Back in '06, he was actually the first DJ I ever saw spinning neo-cumbia remixes and mash-ups and that was a great influence for me, who at the time was still a hip-hop DJ.
This is not, however, a Mexican Dubwiser album, nor is it a mixtape done by him, but instead a collection of tracks by different artists put together (and sometimes remixed) by him. Unfortunately it comes out a little late, I think, to receive the appraisal that it certainly deserves. If he delivered this comp a couple of years ago, it would've been quite revolutionary but nowadays, cumbia remixes and mash-ups have are pretty run-of-the-mill and won't cause anybody's surprise. Still, there are some great tracks here and I know I'll be mixing them all in my set, in fact, I just listened to it for the first time this morning and I've already included one of the remixes on my new megamix that will be coming out soon. Plus it's free! So there's no point allowing this one to pass by.


Get it HERE.

1 comment:

predicaciones cristianas said...

Thanks for the megamixeds .
They are cool.