Thursday, June 18, 2009

LOS LABIOS - Cumbia Lulu (Free EP)

Today was one of those days that when, in anticipation for a gig (Mestiza!) I spent hours and hours downloading tons of music. I lost count of how many records I downloaded and of course, I don't have time to listen to them all, I just listen to the first 10 or 20 seconds of each song and if I like the beat, I keep it and add it to my play list, if not, directly to my trash can.
Well, then I ran into this free EP on some blog and I was like whoa! how come I never heard this guys before? I thought I knew all the neo-cumbia artists coming out from Argentina, but apparently that's not the case. This was love at first play! I wanted to skip the songs after ten seconds because I had like three more albums to listen and so little time, but I just counldn't I had to listen to the full tracks of the whole EP. However this is not sophisticated underground electronic cut-and-paste cumbia in the Zizek style, it's a lot more glossy pop but still I loved all the songs! I want more, please!!!

Download Here

No comments: